I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Wedding - The outfit








So, the wedding weekend in Edinburgh was sooo fab! The pics show "the outfit" from all angles - oh yes, and there was a beautiful bride and handsome groom too but this is my blog ............. hee hee

Sitting on the plane setting off from Exeter, I had a wee shock when a girlie little voice came over the system saying "Hi, my name's Amy and I'm your pilot for this flight" - she only sounded about sixteen but she did a great job.

My darling BF met me with a bunch of her friends and we sat up until 3.30am drinking and bonding. I sprung awake at 6.30 am and was too excited about my best woman duties to go back to sleep.

BF and I had to go to the hairdressers, then on to Harvey Nicks for a subtle addition of eyelashes and a make up session for BF. I sneaked off to the Benefit counter and quickly got a make over before BF had time to miss me.

Keeping her grounded was impossible - she was soooo nervous and bratty.

The wedding was everything it should have been, moving, funny, tearful.

The reception the same. It was a great atmosphere - everyone seemed to get on well. I met some lovely people. One couple are going to send me an invite to one of their parties - which are, apparently, truly historic occasions.

Lots of dancing until 1am, then close friends of the couple went back to theirs for a "rave" which I slid off from at 4.30am. Slept in the bride and grooms house as did many others - so much for their "first night".

Up again at 7.30am - two lovely friends of BF took me to the airport. Arrived home on Sunday having had a total of six hours sleep over the whole weekend. Yes! - a truly great one :o}

~(:o})=

PS I forgot to mention that her Dad managed to "give her away" and held out OK during the reception too - especially once he'd got a few drinks down him :o}

7 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oooooh you look so gorgeous. I just love that outfit on you. It makes you look about 25 :-)

August 16, 2006 8:42 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Oh, dearest Dons, you certainly know how to make a woman feel good xxxx

~(:o})=

August 16, 2006 8:49 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Yes you look lovely.. beautiful outfit Bibs..

August 17, 2006 8:26 pm

 
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Beautiful outfit - very chic and very swish...I wonder when you were in Edinburgh - we might have passed each other in the street! But I'd have been to ..erm...'happy' (read hammered) to notice, I guess. :-)

August 18, 2006 9:05 am

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

really gorgeous, mum. i love that first picture of you - i'm going to get that printed and framed for my home.

you do have such amazing taste - you put me to shame!!

August 20, 2006 11:20 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Yes, how gorgeous! That dress is wonderful - the whole look is wonderful.

Sounds like you have heaps of stamina! I would have a been a wreck after so little sleep!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog GOW. I will pop over and see you on a regular basis, I really enjoy reading your blog too.

August 21, 2006 6:14 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Thank you everyone for your very kind and generous comments. Talk about an ego boost!
~(:o})=

August 21, 2006 7:21 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home