I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back AGAIN

Well, here I am back again. I'm sorry for the huge gap since the last entry.

Straight after getting back online my poor computer caught a virus. Then I caught a virus. I blame it on Elizabeth. Whilst helping on her weaning weekend I was up and down with her all night - got tired and she had a cold, which I caught.

I was in bed with that for a couple of days and then I got a chest infection and then I got shingles! (Don't ever get shingles).

So now I'm just coming out of that horrid period of sickness. I've been able to keep working and doing the basic stuff but I've had no energy to blog - only to read other people's blogs now and again. I've hardly even been up to commenting :o{

Went to a boot fair with Dons today and found this gorgeous enameled Norwegian coffee pot. It's in perfect condition and very collectible.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trac said...

Awwww.... poor you! :O(
I hope you're feeling better!
***********
I'm sure you must know, but I'll say it anyway...

I LOVE that coffee pot! :O)
***********
Congratulations on the footie!

July 10, 2006 10:09 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hooray you're back. That coffee pot was quite a find considering it was such a tiny bootsale :-)

July 11, 2006 10:42 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

love the pot! you'll have to let us know what your antiques book says about it.

i'm also so glad to know that your shingles has subsided. did you ever get that cream i told you about? i had no idea either that cayenne was such a healer. i might have to start cooking with it on a regular basis.

July 12, 2006 7:04 pm

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Glad to see you back GOW. I'm glad you liked your piccy! Hope your computer is ok now!

July 13, 2006 8:38 pm

 
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh I had shingles a few years back - terrible terrible terrible...glad you are over it.

You know - I like collectables and old things..but sorry to say - that coffee pot just doesn't quite 'do' it for me :o(...it reminds me of the 1970's and all the stuff we had at home that just seems plain old-fashioned to me....am I missing something here?...is it worth anything, btw? Sorry - I don't mean to be rude...but I really don't like it..it makes me feel all depressed looking at it.

July 27, 2006 3:13 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home