I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Lovely Day

Had a lovely day today, starting with the Sunday paper in bed, slow bath, full English breakfast and meeting up with Dons, Alfie and Lizzy :o}

Spent a sunny afternoon at the boot fair. I mostly got linen - 2 prs linen trousers and a HOBBS linen skirt (which Dons bought for me).


I also bought a homemaker plate - see photo and Dons bought me a lovely present - this poodle - isn't he fab?

Remembering a comment someone made about how they enjoy peeping into other blogger's homes, I have decided to do a tour chez moi (is that the right use of the French phrase there?)

I am going to start with the office that I am sitting in, where I do my blogging and where I sit during my working day when I am not out on visits.

So the blogs below will cover my (tiny) office. Hope you enjoy the tour ..........

9 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

You have such lovely things. I love that homemaker plate - it's my favourite! Lovely.

May 15, 2006 8:37 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Thanks Betty. Yes, I love the homemaker design too.

~(:o})=

May 15, 2006 8:48 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Phew I'm quite exhausted now from that whirlwind tour around your office. I see your things so often but seeing them individually like this is so nice. That spotty fabric that I made the cushions with and had the notice board made up is vintage Heal's no less, titled Spot! I love it.

I hope the other kitsch cats and dogs are making your poodle welcome. He looks quite haughty with his nose in the air and his polka dot bow tie. Hehehe

May 15, 2006 9:16 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Right young lady, i want to see a Lily and Agathe card on that notice board next time!
I'm sending a pile to Donna wednesday...
Nice tour, and I've even been inside....

May 15, 2006 9:34 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Ah but Tats I hope you noticed the vintage card 'we five' purchased from your very own L&A?!!!

May 16, 2006 2:09 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

hello GOW, what a talented mother... I can do the link for you,just send me your details and tell me what photo you want..

May 16, 2006 5:00 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

What a fab room! It can't be that small. I love the black vase with turquoise inner bit.

It's all amazing! I can see where Dons gets her vintage tastes from!

Those homemaker plates are groovy. They were Woodworths weren't they?

May 16, 2006 10:59 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

"I can see where Dons gets her vintage tastes from ... " well RW, Dons is the person who points these things out to me as we're wandering around.
She has an eagle eye for fabulous things. She's the best person ever to shopping with. Whatever it is you are looking for she'll find it and at the cheapest price available.

Yes, the Homemaker range was sold by good old Woolworths.

May 17, 2006 12:14 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

I'm so glad you've sorted out the photo problem, these are great - lovely stuff, yes, esp. the homemaker plate. And the fabric. I had curtains very similar to that when I was a teenager, think it might have been moygashel. Fab.

May 17, 2006 5:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home