I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, April 09, 2006

show and tell





Hi Sweeties

My day today went like this - I met up with Donna, Jasmine, Alfie and Elizabeth but could only spend a brief time with them before I had to go home to do some of my college work. I have loads of writing to get done and the deadline is getting closer and closer.

Then I got so engrossed in my writing that I forgot to watch Antiques Road Show and forgot to prepare my Sunday dinner. When I realised, it was too late to get it done - I'd have had to have eaten at about 10pm - well now, in fact. So I ended up having fish and chips :o{

So, to cheer myself up, I packed my books away and grabbed my camera. I took lots of photos of my charity shop and boot sale treasures. I'm going to show and tell four of them. They are four of my table lamps - I have many more. The pic showing a bright orange base was a boot fair find but I bought the shade from Habitat. I must say that a huge proportion of my favourite finds were pointed out to me by Dons. She can spot a treasure from a mile away!

Maybe I'll put some more kitsch things up for you another time?






9 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment under my poem on RW's blog!

April 10, 2006 6:13 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Trac - it's nice that you can share how you are feeling with others - it didn't read like self-pity to me :o}

Betty - it's great how we're all keeping RW's blog going for her while she's away - hee hee
~(:o})=

April 10, 2006 7:41 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

those pictures make me miss being there!

April 11, 2006 2:31 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Awwww, Roxy. I wish you were here!!
~(:o})=

April 11, 2006 7:00 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I love your kitschy bits, they are very familiar to me. Glad to hear that you were engrossed in your studies. You must have got lots done? Not glad that you missed out on your dinner tho :-(

April 11, 2006 7:04 am

 
Blogger Tanya said...

yeah but fish and chips Bibs, I'd walk over burning coals for a fish and chip supper....

April 11, 2006 4:30 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

oh I love it when I see your photos together liket that :-)

April 11, 2006 4:31 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Yes, the fish and chips were actually yummy and I had my "sunday" dinner last night, so alls well that ends well - ho hum
~(:o})=

April 11, 2006 5:29 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

i'd give anything for chips and a pea fritter. i did have some very good chips at an irish pub the other night though, so that was good.

but the british chippie... you can't beat it.

April 11, 2006 6:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home