I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Shadow Picture


This is my favourite shadow picture. It's of my daughter "Roxy Simmons" and her husband, up in the mountains, on the day that he proposed to her. Sweet huh?




Tomorrow I am taking a day off work to go girlie shopping with Dons. I am so excited - it feels like I'm going to be playing hookey from school - having a day off in the middle of the week like this :o}

We're going to go to Exeter. I hope the weather stays as lovely as it's been for the past few days. Having said that Dons and I always seem to get good weather when we go to Exeter. Hennes here we come - hurrah!
~(:o})=

9 Comments:

Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

has primark opened in exeter yet?

i still get so many compliments on my bag i got from there. i might have to get you to go in there with a camera and snap what stuff they have and then put in an order hahahah.

i'm serious.

April 04, 2006 11:34 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Lovely photo :-)

April 05, 2006 6:36 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Thanks Dons :o}

No, Roxy, there is no Primark in Exeter yet - something I am rather pleased about because I have been stopped in the street in Exeter to be asked where I got my (Primark)clothes from. If there was a Primark there they'd know only too well! hahaha

I could always take my camera to the Barnstaple branch for you? I don't know if they'd like me taking pics but if I explained what it was for, then maybe they wouldn't mind.
~(:o})=

April 05, 2006 7:09 am

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Yes primark is a cool shop. As far as I can tell from the Ipswich shop they have stripes, stripes and yet more stripes this season. Oh, yes and a few polka dots! More up to date than Top Shop!

As for shadow pictures, and that one being your favourite one....just how many shadow pictures have you got GOW?

Happy Easter. I rang up to see that house but they aren't doing viewings until next week....fresh on! So, if it's still available when we get back, which I doubt because it's a bargain (another old woman moving/or moved on), outbuildings, walled gardens...you know the thing....everything everyone else wants too...

April 06, 2006 11:50 am

 
Blogger Onyx said...

Ohhh, have fun!!

April 07, 2006 4:18 pm

 
Blogger Identikit said...

Thanks, Grumpy!

Joyeux Paques. And enjoy your new toilet.

April 07, 2006 10:22 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

great photo, what a cool idea.

Hope your shopping was good. My parents lived near Exeter for quite a time, lovely city.

I had good shopping with my mum on Thursday, lots of charity shops in Uckfield. Nearly did those in Eastbourne in Friday, also with my mum, but spent most of the time searching for her cos I lost her!

Yes, Primark rocks! Even my very trendy nieces shop there.

April 08, 2006 2:40 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

yes, you'd think mobile phones would solve the problem. They have one, but A. it was in the car with my dad
B. they hardly ever have it switched on!!!

April 09, 2006 9:50 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are now up and running in Exeter! I am a primark manager in Exeter, thanks for the comments, and enjoy, enjoy!

April 22, 2007 8:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home