I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Monday, March 27, 2006

me again

Had a fabulous Mother's Day yesterday - I was very spoilt with fab prezzies - then we girlies all ran off to the restaurant where Jazz works and had coffee, toast and cakes whilst sprawling on squishy sofas looking out at the beautiful bay.

Then we had to go back to the real world to meet up with Elizabeth's birthday guests and spent the rest of the day celebrating her birthday, which was great fun. Elizabeth really enjoyed it too, which was indeed a bonus. The pic shows her clapping her hands - an activity which she indulged in a lot throughout the day :o}




Tomorrow the lovely young woman who highjacked her Mum's blog to post a Mother's Day entry is coming to visit me. I feel so honoured that an almost sixteen year old young woman chooses to spend time in my company. The time we spend together is very precious to me. We don't do anything special - mooch around the shops, choose something for our evening meal, buy magazines, eat, chat, watch some TV. We can even sit together in silence, which is an indication of how comfortable we are with each other.

Lucky me....... (pressing my lips together ...... )

~(:o})=

16 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Aaaaah lovely photo, she did enjoy herself didn't she?

Jazz loves spending tme with you because you have always been there for her, you're very special to her (and my other 2). I'm so glad they have you :-)

March 28, 2006 10:20 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I'm so glad I have you too :-)

March 28, 2006 10:21 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Awwwwww, thank you so much, darling. What lovely things to say ...... (pressing my lips together very hard now!) xxxx
~(:o})=

March 28, 2006 11:26 am

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

hahha, this lip pressing thing has caught on? Does it work or does it just make us look like we have piles?

March 28, 2006 12:14 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Don't know - haven't looked in the mirror whilst doing it! ;o}

March 28, 2006 1:19 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

thanks for taking those photos - i really appreciated seeing them.

<3

March 28, 2006 2:29 pm

 
Blogger Identikit said...

Yes, I wish my lot had a gran.

You seem to have such a lovely family.

Thanks for your birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day. Tired now though! Too old to rave.

March 29, 2006 6:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we had reservations about this but........Oh Poo, Tit Bum!

March 29, 2006 8:22 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hark at le chat 'too old to rave' she hasn't met you has she?!!

March 29, 2006 9:12 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Tats & Trac ..... thanks for calling in - I think the current version of that phrase, if you were five year olds, would be "poo, bum, willy"!
~(:o])=
As for me raving Donna - the less said about that the better! hahaha

March 30, 2006 7:16 am

 
Blogger lettuce said...

oh i hope i can be just as cool a grannie one day!

March 30, 2006 8:26 am

 
Blogger leon's life said...

I agree with lettuce I want to be a granny like you too. The worlds grumpy and old seem so inappropriate.

You need to change the blog name:
The worlds bestist granny or do a blog competition. Rename Grumpy's blog

March 30, 2006 12:02 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

poo bum willy is Paul's favourite naughty sabotage phrase. If I leave my desk top open or emails to be sent I have to be careful to check them before sending as he nearly always adds 'poo bum willy'. Guess that means he has a mental age of 5 then. I knew that tho didn't I?

March 30, 2006 7:38 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Caca, michon, cul!

March 30, 2006 8:41 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I've changed your neocounter to strawberries and changed your photo again (only joking). Hope you like it

March 30, 2006 9:03 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

caca, las tetas, el culo.

March 31, 2006 8:47 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home