I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Friday, March 17, 2006

Mid Season

Hi

Went to the shops today and saw a sign saying "Mid Season Sale" - mid precisely what season are we talking about here?

Had a lovely afternoon on Wednesday. I took time off work to play with Lizzy while Dons was having her meeting with Mr Fabric Man. It was a magical time - I hardly ever have a 1-1 session with Lizzy 'cos there is generally at least one other sibling present who thinks they have exclusive rights to me :o} I tell you, girls, the Granny stage is the big payoff for the horrid, worrying times you can go through when you're being a parent. The whole relationship is so simple - you just love them and they love you back.

I am not responsible for working out the best way to bring them up. All I have to do is follow the parents basic rules and then enjoy. It is such a privilege to have the love and trust of a child - something money cannot buy.

Oh, I saw a couple of the real grumpy old women on Richard and Judy tonight - they're fab! So, Trac, is Linda Robson the woman that my photo reminds you of? (Bad grammar, I know).

Later: Loved everyone's choice of band/artist. Here's mine:

Name of Artist: Nick Cave
Are you male or female? – “West Country Girl”
Describe yourself: “Nobody’s Baby Now”
How do you feel about yourself? “Oh my lord!”
Describle your ex-boyfriend: “Black Hair”
Describe your favourite ex-boyfriend: “Loverman”
Describe where you want to be: “Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow”
Describe how you live: “Ordinary”
Describe how you love: “I Let Love In”
What would you ask for if you had one wish? “New Morning”
Share a few words of wisdom: “Ain’t Gonna Rain Anymore"

Now say goodbye: "Where Do We Go Now but
Nowhere?"




5 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oh girl you take the song title crown!

March 17, 2006 10:22 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Sorry Trac - it was Luce (Rambling woman) that thought my pic reminded her of someone from Birds of a Feather, so I've (obviously) been trying to work out who it might be. Having never watched B of a F myself, it's not been easy but, having watched the Grumpy Old Women on TV last night I think Luce might have meant Linda Robson.

March 18, 2006 8:38 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Trac
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for sorting my site out for me. It looks fine to me now and yes I'm much happier now that people can post comments straight to my blog - much better :o}

As for the password for my neo-counter - haven't a clue - Dons set it up for me, so I'm going to have to ask her.

Happy me! ~(:o})=

March 18, 2006 6:30 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Great looking blog GOW, I love the red headed pixie :-)

March 19, 2006 10:07 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Tats

Yes, my red headed pixie is gorgeous, isn't she? The design of my blog and the choice of pixie are all down to Donna's great taste ~(:o})=

March 19, 2006 12:18 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home