I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Palm Trees in Woolwich
























The mention of palm trees in Woolwich has made me take another look at where I live/work. There are palm trees here aplenty.

This is a little oasis of calm in the middle of the town - tucked away so that no one knows it's here. I love it: :o}

8 Comments:

Blogger ramblingwoman said...

We have a game in our family whenever we go abroad. It's called 'spot the palm tree'! Now we can start playing it in the UK!

If anyone could show me a 'date palm' growing in the UK then I would feel truly continental. (but still freezing)

March 23, 2006 7:01 am

 
Blogger lettuce said...

Fab. Bet the Woolwich ones don't look this good.

Love your funky neo-counters.

March 23, 2006 7:59 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

WOW Maggsy look at you posting photos and everything. I'm soooo proud of you. I love your little oasis too and envy you your pied a terre :-)

March 23, 2006 3:08 pm

 
Blogger Identikit said...

There's a misnomer if ever there was one - "grumpy old woman". Old? Grumpy, I don't think so.

It looks jolly nice where you live. Palm trees would never survive here.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

March 23, 2006 4:37 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I also meant to say how fab your neo counter is. I think the smarties are just right for your retro look.

March 23, 2006 10:32 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Great new pic, GOW. Yes, Happy Mother's Day!

Funny, I'm here in the kitchen, hubby in bed, girls in front of box! But it's mother's day! I don't care...I hate breakfast in bed. I'm too much of a control freak. Hubby always makes my coffee too weak and puts jam on my toast instead of marmalade (I hate jam in the mornings). So, I'm quite happy sat here in the kitchen with my coffee (that I made!). Still......apparantly there are cards, and he's making a sunday lunch ....so they love me really!)

March 26, 2006 7:49 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Happy Mother's Day Grumps. Hope you like your first present, a new blog photo, hahahaha. Guess who was home alone and didn't have an early night? Guess who is up at the crack of dawn while the other half lies in? ho hum, what's new :-/
See you later xxxx

March 26, 2006 7:55 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Trac

Yes please, I'd love for you to update the clock for me - THANKS!!

Happy Mothers Day xx

March 26, 2006 8:22 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home