I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Darling Lizzie



Dear little Lizzie,
I have found this birthday card in with my mother's keepsakes from when I had my first birthday so I'd like to share it with you xxxx







(It's interesting how the black doll can have the power to shock these days but way back then all children had a "gollywog". They were very loved. You need to look at the card in the context of the times in which it was produced.)

Anyway, moving on, for all you Mums out there - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - I'm looking forward to mine and Donna's, which will be squished into the early part of the day so that we can celebrate Elizabeth's birthday in the proper manner!

Later ......

4 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

What a great card (you're right about the gollywogs, I had one and loved it) and how fantastic that you kept it!

Well it was lovely yesterday morning - rained in the afternoon, but not before I'd done a bit of (very therapeutic) pottering around and re-potting plants in the garden.

Happy mothers day!

March 26, 2006 8:34 am

 
Blogger Tanya said...

oh what a gorgeous pic you've got there, happy mothers day...

March 26, 2006 12:17 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

happy mother's day! hope you had a wonderful day celebrating being a wonderful mum and also celebrating your gorgeous grandchild's birthday.

love you loads - thanks for being there for me!!

- s

March 26, 2006 5:52 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

hope you all had a lovely day! Ahhh One year old.

March 26, 2006 7:21 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home