I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

ICE

Hi

Today I have a tip for those living in the UK.

All the emergency services have made a plan. They will look on your mobile if you are unconscious or ill (in an accident or whatever). They will look in your mobile's address book to see if you have made an entry named "ICE" - which stands for "In Case of Emergency".

Under the ICE heading you put the phone number of someone that you would want them to contact in those circumstances. You can have more than one number - you can name them ICE1, ICE2 ........ you get the picture?

Parents could make sure that their teenagers put the details in too.

This tip was passed on to me by a friend but I have made thorough enquiries to make sure that this is a true fact before passing it on.

8 Comments:

Blogger leon's life said...

Hello - I think the reason that everything has headed south on your blog, is that the left hand bit is too wide ( the bit where you write the 'post')

You need to go into the template and make it thinner and all the right hand side bit will come up.

Does this make any sense at all ???

Pauline

March 15, 2006 12:31 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

Yes, I'd heard about that. It was from M., who knows everything about mobile phones, so there you are.

My blogging is all done on a Mac too, I wouldn't have thought that is the problem.....

March 15, 2006 12:37 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Your on my list hehehe, sorry family joke, but just wanted to say, added you now, so with one click I can be updated with all your fananagans and goings on!

March 15, 2006 4:30 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Just wanted to say you're on my list so now with one click I can catch up with all your fananagans and goings on :-)

March 15, 2006 4:31 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

You are sooooo sensible. Remind me to do this again when we meet up. It's a great idea.

I'll try the template changes Pauline mentioned if I can work it out. Can't have everything heading south now can we?

fananagans? That's a new one on me. Is it French do you think?!!!

March 15, 2006 10:49 pm

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Hello there! I just waited for a few days and it mysteriously popped back up to the top again. Just give it a few days and you might find it moves by itself. Hope it does. Did it do it at the beginning of March? That's when mine did it and it could have been when blogger updates the sidebar dates??? I'm sure it will come back soon - infuriating I know.

March 16, 2006 8:29 am

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Oops sorry, didn't realise you had enabler on so I've written my comment twice. Sorry!

March 16, 2006 8:32 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

I'm going to take the enabler service off when I've got two minutes spare to look at how to do it!

March 17, 2006 8:35 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home