I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Feedback

Well, my posters weren't so bad once they were up on the wall and the "play" went very well, after I spent some time in the toilets hyperventilating! No one realised I was nervous, so that in itself has got to be the best bit of acting I've ever done. Our group did the best presentation because the others gave a bog standard talk with flip charts. We got people laughing whilst getting the message across.

AND my tutor handed back a piece of work I'd handed in a few weeks ago - she gave me a DISTINCTION for it!!!! So I was very happy :o}

I won't know the final marks for all my work as a large wodge of it has had to be sent off for outside marking but all the work I've had returned by my tutor so far has been no lower than a high merit. Isn't that wonderful? I'm so amazed - didn't know I had it in me. (I hope I don't sound boastful but this is a very big thing to me - I haven't been in education for many many years).

Yesterday we were given one more (quite large) piece of work which I will have to complete before I fly off on Monday. I also have to tie up all the many loose ends at work tomorrow. I'm having to hand over the responsibility for the health and well-being of 50 people to some other co-ordinators who are filling in for me while I'm away. Oh, and I guess I need to think about preparing to go away.
So, no pressure there then - hahahahaha

Isn't this sunshine great?

~(:o})=

4 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

yes, wonderful sunshine.

Bit nippy though.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on getting to the end - AND on doing so well. Our best students are always the mature students, no surprise to me that you've done so well.

November 03, 2006 7:59 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

You are a star Maggsy. I'm so proud of you. You deserve your 3 week break in Oz but I shall miss you sooooooo much :-(

November 03, 2006 9:55 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Oh, Sweetie, I shall miss you soooo much too!
Luckily Roxy has sent me an idiots guide to logging on to my AOL mail, so I'll be able to keep in touch with you.

Thank you, Lettuce, for your kind words. They made me feel good :o}

~(:o})=

November 03, 2006 10:01 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

well done for the distinction! then again, i expected nothing less ;) you are a complete perfectionist.

November 05, 2006 8:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home