I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Monday, September 25, 2006

Show and Tell


I had a lovely day yesterday. Went to the Boot Fair with Dons, Alfie and Elizabeth and found some good things. The Boot Fair will be finishing very soon now and then we'll have to wait until next summer - how shall we cope? :o{

Here are some of my purchases:
A blue and white striped plate to go with all my other blue and white ceramics by Swinnertons - Somersert Blue. This was 20p.

A huge crocheted blanket. Usually I think these can look a bit too faded and sad, but this one looks fresh and has a good combination of colours. I'm only showing a wee bit of it as it is huge. It'll be great for when my darling 16 yr old grand daughter stays - she feels the cold and loves to snuggle up in blankets in the winter. Cost £1.50


Two Sandy Denny LPs. (I love Sandy) One from 1971 and one from 1972. Perfect condition. They were priced at £2 each but the man let me have them for £3 for the two.

A handmade rug (two rugs in two days - whatever's going on?). Again, a lovely mix of colours and in perfect condition. £1

6 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

Your boot fairs are clearly SOOOO much better than ours! great finds.

September 25, 2006 9:17 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

i can just see the dgd under that blanket :)

September 26, 2006 2:21 pm

 
Blogger Trac said...

Yes... the Elvis Air freshener is VERY smelly! That's The power of the Elvis Airfreshener for you! :O)

I would hang it outside for a day or two if I was you...

You should have had it by now as Nick posted it for me on Saturday am! Well... so he says! :O)

September 27, 2006 8:24 am

 
Blogger Trac said...

p.s. Yes... your bootfair finds are fab!

September 27, 2006 8:25 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got some really nice things ..I love that stripey plate, the Swedish casserole dish and your water jug. (And your own spotty umbrella :-))

I just realised today that the last boot sales here are this weekend and I will miss them as I'll be in the UK...PTB!

September 27, 2006 12:20 pm

 
Blogger Woo Gilchrist said...

I just don;t know how you and Dons manage to find such good stuff! Every boot fair I have been to has been rubbish! I must come down yonder Devon way and go to a few. Love the blanket and the casserole dish is gorgeous. I love anything Swedish.

October 02, 2006 11:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home