I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Friday, October 06, 2006

Room 101

I am thinking of my darling friend R. this evening. Her father died last night and I can't be there with her, so I'm thinking about her a lot tonight.

She asked me, when I was in Scotland, "What is your "Room 101"?

She went on to tell me that hers is - people, when they get to the bottom of their yoghurt pot. They just won't let them alone - they scrape and scrape and then scrape some more - and R. wants to shout at them "IT'S FINISHED - MOVE ON! IF YOU WANT SOME MORE YOGHURT HAVE ANOTHER ONE!!"

Well yes, quite.

So I gave it some thought.
And I said that as I live on my own I don't have a room 101 -
I can do what I like when I like - I have the remote control to myself - I can buy stuff for myself without hiding it when I get home, etc etc. Then I remembered she was getting married the next day and my comments weren't really in keeping with the occasion ....

So, I tried harder and found one ... my room 101 is lying on the beach listening to beach sounds - children playing, dogs barking, waves waving - and then hearing a man (always a man with a brummie accent) shouting into his mobile phone just behind my head. And it's always about work ...
Anyone who knows me knows I use the beach after work to let go of any stress and chill.....

So .. what's your Room 101?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know - I have been thinking and thinking and thinking...and I can't come up with anything right now...how weird - I am sure I have more than one Room 101...

Oh oh oh - as I am writing it has come to me....

People who stand behind me in a queue and push up against me, as if it would make the queue move faster.

The invasion of my space drives me round the bend and I want to turn around and smack them and be rude and hissy.

There're probably more...

October 07, 2006 9:29 am

 
Blogger Identikit said...

No I struggled to think of anything either but I'm sure there are loads of things that bug me. But I never hold on to stuff.

But the thing that really bugs me, ooooh and I'm shaking now as I write this, is those bloody parents who park on the double yellow lines outside my school, obscure the view of those children who walk, and put their lives at risk, just cos they don't want to walk five minutes down the road to drop their little blighters off. They are such arrogant lazy tossers.

Oooooh I need a gin now after that.

Oh yes, and I agree with Geena too. People who brush up against me in the supermarket wind me up too - they shove their trolley into my leg and make it impossible for me to stick my card in the chip and pin machine.

I could go on for hours now you have got me started . . .

October 07, 2006 4:00 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I've told you mine before. It's being in a street with all my favourite shops and they are permanently closed! I have my face squashed up against the window willing myself in there, hehehe

October 08, 2006 11:04 am

 
Blogger Trac said...

1 - People who start of their sentence with 'The state of the country today...' then normally go onto the 'I'm not rasist but..'

2 - People who after you have so obviously gone out of your way to pull over in a tiny space in your car to let them through first and they can't even raise a hand to acknowledge you and say thanks!

3 - Ren's Evil Bus Lady! :O)

Funny! I thought I'd find this hard... but I could go on for hours! hahaha :O)

October 08, 2006 10:04 pm

 
Blogger Trac said...

4 - people who can't spell racist!
:O)

October 08, 2006 10:07 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hehehe yes Trac's number 2 bugs me too! How rude ;-)

October 09, 2006 5:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home