I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A look in my kitchen

I've uploaded a bunch of photos of my kitchen to share with you (Geena, please avert your eyes now - I don't want you to get depressed again!)

Trac, I was so sad that you weren't looking at blogs - I knew that you would "get it" and you weren't around but now you're back I can happily put these photos up :o}

My kitchen is tiny and it's stuffed full of tat but I love it..............

7 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

I am so not stuffed into your kitchen but yeah baby I am loving all your bits...

September 15, 2006 11:34 am

 
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh dear - I had a good look. *sigh*

Clearly I don't *get* vintage. My idea of vintage is French stuff. And old English circa 1940.

Looking into your kitchen is like dipping into memories of my Granny's place...good memories though..so happy thoughts there!

I DO like the yellow tea set, and the clock, and Don's oven mitts and tea towel and peg bag...so maybe there's hope for me yet, eh?

It all looks very cheerful and cozy and loved. A nice place for a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

September 15, 2006 10:25 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Geena

It was brave of you to expose yourself to all that stuff. I think you might prefer the look of my upstairs rooms, which I'll move on to later. They are more shabby chic rather than kitsch.
~(:o})=

September 15, 2006 10:33 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

i guess you have to be there to appreciate it.

it's very hip and not granny at all. geena, think of eames (40s and 50s britian) and it might give you an idea of the style. sure, there are a few kitsch pieces there, but that's the beauty of it - it has a touch of humour :)

i just remember what my husband said when he saw that place - he wanted to move in right away, on his own! lol.

September 18, 2006 2:28 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Awwwwww, Roxy, thanks! That's so lovely!!
~(:o})=

September 18, 2006 2:51 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

i only just got tat's comment. doh!

September 18, 2006 5:02 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

hahahaha :o}

September 18, 2006 5:14 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home