I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rug













I got a parcel through the post from eBay today. It was this original 70s rug. I am sooo pleased with it. It will go with all the stuff in my office, I'm sure you'll agree? ( click on May 2006 on the right). It's not the odd shape that it appears to be - that's just my bad camerawork. It's perfect - just needs a little shampoo, which I can't do right now as I'm doing my course work ( I'm just having a mealbreak right now Dons, honest!)

I spotted it a couple of days ago. It was priced at £4 then. I put a bid in, then right before the finish I got outbid and a "bidding war" started. My computer is usually too slow for such things but for once it behaved and 9 seconds before the end I managed to slip in the winning bid. OK - it had shot up to £27.50 but I had some money in my paypal account, which for some reason I always think of as free money. And that's still a brilliant price for a vintage rug in very good condition.

Happy me ~(:o})=

7 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

Oh I love it! well done. I love doing that 10 secs. before the end thing, haha!

Yes, Paypal money does somehow always seem free doesn't it?

September 24, 2006 7:17 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Ooooh it's beautiful, well done you :-)

I was just about to tell you off, for blogging when you are supposed to be studying, when I read the sentence about having a meal break ;-)

September 24, 2006 8:48 am

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

it will go really great in your office, you're right! it'll also muffle the sound a bit for the man downstairs, so you won't have to tiptoe anymore hehe :)

i'm just like you with paypal - it does feel like 'free' money. even the hubby feels that way too.

aren't we bad? >:)

September 24, 2006 4:34 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

what a great thing to do! I'd never think to look for a rug on ebay. Such lovely colours GOW. Can't wait to see it in situ.

wv: Buhgtied!

September 24, 2006 6:58 pm

 
Blogger Identikit said...

Yes, it is a cool rug. I always trip over rugs though, so I tend to scowl at them in our house and kick them occasionally. Vicious things!! Perhaps a vintage one would be less trouble?

wv: fnush! Might try saying that next time I trip over a rug!!

September 24, 2006 8:59 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a good idea...I want some rugs and never thought of eBay...and I didn't realise that the '70s are considered vintage. I wish I'd kept my '70s stuff - only to sell of course - I loathe the 70s.

But it's a cool rug - I love orange and brightness.

September 25, 2006 9:29 am

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

many good things came out of the 70s ;)

though i don't quite consider myself vintage just yet...

September 26, 2006 2:19 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home