I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Click with Mick

OK, now I'm definitely in the groove. I'm uploading pics and I'm away.
So, this is one of the Rave magazines that I found on Sunday. There are ten of them for me to read through and I'm keeping a watch for Jeff Beck - you never know, he might well have appeared around that time.
I had a call from my friend this evening. Her boyfriend proposed to her on Saturday and they are going to get married in August. She asked me on Sunday to be her "best woman". On Sunday the wedding was going to be held in Chatham, Kent. The venue has now been moved to Edinburgh.
I am so excited. She is one of my best friends and she's a lovely person. She's had a really tough life but now she has reached forty everything seems to be working out for her.
This is not going to be a traditional, formal wedding - it's going to be a bit wild and fun. But does anyone know - what is a "best woman"s role?

10 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Mmmmm wasn't Mick a dish?

Blimey O'(Ronnie)Riley. Edinburgh? What fun. Tell me more tomorrow :-)

May 10, 2006 10:08 pm

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Cool pics of Mick. Excellent old magazine. And those Babycham glasses, I used to have some of those...to die for.

Did you know you can get Babycham shoes now? They are really cute. Put them on your birthday list.

May 11, 2006 7:29 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Mick, good looking? Ewwww, no. He got better as he got older though, but still not my type.

Exciting times ahead GOW! Australia! That is so brilliant.

May 11, 2006 9:01 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, it's only rock'n'roll, but I like it!

Doesn't a best woman have to get the bride very drunk and put her on a train, lose rings and make an embarrasing speech mentioning all of her ex's?

Blimey, I can see why I ran away to Vegas now! :o)

May 11, 2006 9:19 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Dons - yes, blimey o'(Ronnie) Riley indeed! Thanks for a lovely day today BTW xxxx

Betty - Babycham shoes?? Wow, what a thing!

RW - Mick got better looking? We obviously have different ideas about mens looks! hahaha

Trac - well the thought of being a best woman sounds better and better, reading your comment - I'll have to work on it - the bride has already emailed me asking me to source bridal hire shops in Edinburgh which stock red bridal dresses - this could be a long (hot)summer!
~(:o})=

May 11, 2006 10:12 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hi GOW...is ER on on a Monday? The same one as Thursday? I thought the first showing was on Thursdays? This week was about Pratt going to Africa and a girl with a grandma with dementia - same one?

May 12, 2006 6:34 am

 
Blogger Identikit said...

Sorry about the Dido thing. Please don't sue? I'll make it up to you in the next chapter, I promise.

The wedding sounds fun. We're off to Edinburgh at half term. I'll keep an eye out for bridal shops (I'm not going in any though!!) - red dress. Sounds my sort of a gal!

May 12, 2006 11:40 am

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh i love Micks young face, all big lipped and rubbery, like my old man.. Wedding sounds great, I love weddings me, waiting for my bezzie mate to get married I am !
I have a wedding in July in the middle of France, all going for the weekend. Can't wait. It's a french girl I knew on the London Mod scene 16 years ago!! We always had a little chat at the various clubs and now I'm going to her wedding...

May 12, 2006 4:59 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

here's a good start :)

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=bridal+shops&near=Edinburgh,+UK&filter=0&ll=55.949969,-3.187408&spn=0.573623,1.277161&om=1

hurrah for google!

May 13, 2006 4:21 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

hmm, not sure I agree with RW either about the age-improvement with MJ. Fab pictures/mags.

The wedding in Edinburgh sounds great (though I thought if you were coming to London we might meet in Greenwich market..... :o( ... )

If you're best woman, don't you get to get off with the bloke you most fancy? other than the groom, of course.

May 14, 2006 8:29 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home