I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Rave On

Hi

Well, I've been trying to upload some pics again but blogger says "no" :o{

I wanted to show you the Rave magazines I bought at the Boot Fair today. There are ten of them dated from Sept. '64 (Issue 8) through to July '65, with only the March '65 issue missing from the run. I'm so looking forward to reading them - just a quick flick though shows me that there are some real gems in there - a little piece on Manfred Mann's beard for example.

I hope everyone has had a good day in the sun today.

I'm just going to post a little list of suggestions that maybe those of you with sons (or daughters) who set up home with a woman could learn from. As I no longer experience PMT I can look at it all lightheartedly now :o}


This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's licence
in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!!

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.


DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.


DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: What did I do wrong?
SAFEST: Here's fifty pounds
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.


DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some more chocolate

Hee Hee!

12 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

hahaha, very witty GOW... I have a Rave in my downstairs toilet, it's a Beatles cover and very cool.. what a find..

May 08, 2006 11:55 am

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

haha. Very funny GOW! What is Rave magazine? Any with Jeff Beck in?!

May 08, 2006 2:06 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I think it's something to do with your browser. You could email me the pics and I will put them up for you :-)

Wendy - we have only been to 2 car boots so far this year but plan to go to many more. It's a fun thing to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

May 08, 2006 4:18 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

Someone emailed me this PMT thing, some time ago. I wasn't very amused at the time... think I had PMT. No, really! It does seem a bit funnier now!

May 08, 2006 5:46 pm

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Great stuff GOW - hope you sort out your pics soon. I sometimes have trouble with my uploading. Perhaps it is our browsers being..well..big girls' browsers.

That was meant to be funny..but I don't think the joke worked.

Tee hee.

May 08, 2006 7:32 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

i think she already checked her browser. i know that sometimes i can't use things in firefox and i can in IE.

i think it's because she's got my old castoff computer, and i think father christmas & the birthday fairy might have to deliver a nice new dell...

then we could both get webcams and see each others horrid grumpy faces in the morning! :D how delightful.

May 08, 2006 7:38 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Well when it comes to technical stuff I'm a big girls browser too!

HOlly has a webcam and I came up behind her tonight and I was on it for all her friends to see me! It was scary! Don't get one. It only refreshes every few seconds so if you pull a funny face it's stuck for a while! Unless you do all your MSN's with a beaufiful beatific face which is what you have anyway GOW! (smiley GOW face there!)

May 08, 2006 9:48 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

hee hee RW - yes, if I got a web-cam I'd only use it with Roxy - she's used to my funny faces already, so no shock there then :o}

"big girl's browswer" was indeed v. witty Betty :o}

I'm going to have another go at posting photos as soon as I can get some time - Jazz should be visiting tonight, so it won't be soon. I'll post a pic of a Rave magazine if I can. Jeff Beck may well have been in one of them - I'll have to research that for you, RW. hee hee ;o}

Do we live at boot sales Wendy? Now, there's a thought - sounds kind of fun with tinges of nightmare. Couldn't stand the permanent prescence of the "me first" pushy French tourists, who do nothing to dispel their reputation of being arrogant and selfish. I feel sorry for the gentle locals round here who get thrust aside and sneered at by them.

Apart from that tho' I love a good old boot fair. You never know what treasure is there waiting to be discovered.

~(:o})=

May 09, 2006 6:59 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oooh maybe Jazz could help you with uploading your photos?

I agree with Roxy, it's time you had a new 'puter.

May 09, 2006 7:10 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Do you know how many times your comment came up in Wendy's comment box? I think she got it the first time, hehehe!!!

May 09, 2006 4:56 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Sorry Wendy :o{

May 10, 2006 11:53 am

 
Blogger Identikit said...

You said "oh shit" on my blog!! Well, well. I was going to write about you and Dons next in the second chapter of My Five Have Fun in Devon. I will have to change the nature of your dialogue now. It will be peppered with expletives now. Not sure Aunty Fanny is going to approve.

May 10, 2006 7:37 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home