I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hurrah for Trac!

Hurrah for Trac! I've been sooo unhappy these past few days because I couldn't get my blogsite to work properly and now Trac has fixed it for me :o}

The two pics that have been posted under Trac's flower were test photos that I'd made that I didn't realise had got posted after all. I got them from the bootfair on Sunday - yes, Betty, the blue bowl was the one that I bought for Donna - isn't it lovely?

Uh-oh, I just tried to upload some more photos then but it wouldn't let me. Never mind, I'm sure it will one day :o{

The other photo is showing the selection of 60s & 70s vinyl I bought on Sunday to add to my collection. Yes, that's the original Meddle there, in perfect condition - 50p!! Also a couple of Emerson, Lake and Palmers, John Lennon's Double Fantasy (OK, not 60s or 70s), a Rolling Stones release that I didn't know about before called "Made in the Shade" and a lovely find, a compilation called "A Stereo Introduction to the Exciting World of Transatlantic" - featuring Pentangle, John Renbourn, Bert Jansch, The Humblebums (Gerry Rafferty and Billy Connolly), Steve Tilston, Stray and others.

I also bought two Babycham glasses. Happy me :o}

Another lovely thing I did at the weekend was book a trip to Australia. This is being paid for by my sister (who lives in Australia) and my two lovely daughters. I am wildly excited - don't know what state I'll be in by November, which is when I'm going. My sister and her husband went out to Australia in the 60s on the £10 assisted boat passage deal. They brought their family up there but I've never been to visit. Thankfully they have been over here but I'm going to love seeing their life and the home that they made.

Thanks to all who have been so lovely about my studies. Yes, I was very pleased with the merit but it only covers the work that I have done so far and I have loads more to do before I finish the course in November, just before I go on my trip. I am going to try very hard not to whinge about it any more - it's just that I have not studied for many years so it has been quite a shock to my poor wee brain.

My star partner is apparently Johnny Depp too Tats but he doesn't really do anything for me, so I'll not be finding it necessary to squabble with you over him.

Night night xxxx

8 Comments:

Blogger Identikit said...

Wow, this is very swish. I'll be the only person left with a boring plain blog soon.

Australia. Oooooh lucky you. How long are you going for? My brother is off to Australia for three months in a few weeks with his whole family. All right for some. Such a brave thing for your sister to do as well,leaving everything she knew for a new life.

I liked the spotty bowl too.

May 02, 2006 10:15 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

My aunt went over on the assisted boat too, i so hope you have a great time GOW. I went for 6 months in the 80's and didn't want to come home! Doing anything new is a shock to the system isn't it, keep up the good work.. I'll be back soon i just don't want my dad seeing my blog.. We've already had a very heavy talk!! enough it enough!!!

May 03, 2006 5:05 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hoorah for Trac, what a sweetie she is :-)

It is sooooo exciting about your Australia trip. You're going to have a wonderful time.

You can whinge all you like about your studies. You have every right to, it's bloody hard work and you are doing brilliantly.

May 03, 2006 6:43 am

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I've just come here to sing a little Pentangle ditty:

'May the circle (of bloggers) be unbroken...
By and by Lord,
By and by...'

Marvellous records you bought GOW.

I'm sure you'll be fantastic at studying. You always look so lovely in your photo. You make me smile.

May 03, 2006 7:09 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

hahaha - thanks everyone for your lovely comments!

Le Chat - my Aussie visit will be for three weeks only. After using up a couple of days on Lizzie's weaning that will leave me 2 days' leave left until next April, so there's no way I can go for longer. But three weeks will be excellent.

Tats - you'll have to give me some tips on down under - hee hee
Hope you've recovered from the heavy talk with your Dad?

Dons, you are such a great support to me and I wouldn't even be going if it weren't for you, Roxy and sis.

Yes, Trac, tickets for a simple trip to Aussie are in the post :o}

Betty, you are the sweetest person ever! Hope work is panning out OK?

~(:o})=

May 03, 2006 7:59 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hi GOW. Nice to see you.

Australia? How exciting. Which part are you going to?

Betty beat me to it with 'Pentangle'! Haven't heard their name mentioned in ages!

Good luck with the studying. You'll feel so good when you've finished.

May 03, 2006 9:57 pm

 
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

You can never stop studying,
You can never stop learning.

Life is a never ending cycle of joy when you are learning.

Learning is full of joy.

GOW - you are a twinkle in the eye of life. WE love you.

May 05, 2006 6:47 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

You've been a bit quiet GOW. Studying and finding fantastic things at boot fairs? Thanks for your lovely comments.

May 07, 2006 8:27 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home