I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy Again ~(:o})=

Hurrah. As soon as Dons promised to come over to have a fiddle with my computer it fixed itself - she's obviously a force to be reckoned with.

Had a fab start to my morning - padded down the stairs, made a coffee, collected the Sunday paper from the front door and went back to bed. Bliss!

One of the perks of having brought up children is that once it's done every day feels like you're on holiday :o}

I've just finished the John Peel book, so now I've started a book that Dons lent me - Steve Strange's autobiography "Blitzed". It covers the Punk and (mostly) New Romantic era - bringing back lots of memories - amazing times.

On TV I've just started watching Shameless - yes I know it's been going for ages now but I sometimes need to go to bed at 10pm, so try to keep the number of progs. I watch later than that to manageable number - but I accidentally let myself watch one a couple of weeks back and now I'm hooked.

Today, in my Sunday paper there was a free DVD of Johnny Darko. Is this film any good?

Oh and an update on the Paul McKenna book/CD ......... so far, so miraculous.

See ya ....... Oh, hahaha, the spell check suggested that I replace "fab" with "FBI" - nooo, I don't think so!

6 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hoorah. I love shameless, its one of my faves. Will discuss with you at length no doubt

February 19, 2006 10:37 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

hi there, grumpy old woman (though you seem far from that). Donnie Darko is only one of the BEST FILMS EVER! You may have to watch it a couple of times though. After the first watching you will sit there and think 'what was all that about then?'

Haven't managed to watch Shameless yet, though everyone goes on about how good it is.

February 20, 2006 8:34 am

 
Blogger lettuce said...

LOVE Shameless, the best thing on TV at the moment. Especially Marty, he gets all the best lines...
(hello, by the way! got to you through Rambling Woman, Tat etc. etc....)

February 20, 2006 9:11 pm

 
Blogger Woo Gilchrist said...

I can't get into shameless at all, but Donnie Darko - excellent film. Hope you enjoy it!

February 20, 2006 9:46 pm

 
Blogger Roxy Simmons said...

johnny darko? lolz :D

it's a favourite of mine - definitely worth a butchers.

February 22, 2006 4:16 am

 
Blogger lettuce said...

glad you like the dillo - they don't have names, except the first ever, who doubtless will feature on my blog before too long...

February 23, 2006 4:25 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home