I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hi Sweetie

Well, this is now my second attempt at posting a blog - don't know what happened to the first one - maybe it's up there and I just can't view it? Who knows - bovvered?

Right, so for my second attempt I'm going to post a meme lifted from Ms Mac .......

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your bookshelf! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating

So, my book is John Peel's "Margrave of the Marshes" - written by him until he went and DIED on us ( I'll never be able to forgive him for that ) ..... and then completed by his wife. I'm reading it as slowly as I can bacause I don't want ot finish it. All part of the grieving process folks. I've only got about another fifth of it to read now :o{

Page 123, fifth, sixth and seven sentence reads:

"Which I did. From then on, I kept my mouth shut. At least, until the massed Jocks in the billet invited me to join them on Christmas Rear Party. This, let me explain, isn't nearly as much fun as it may sound to some of you."

Dear old John Peel - I loved him so much ........

Night Night

2 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Awwww John Peel :-(

I shall have to look at Ms Mac's blog now!

Congrats on starting your blog xxx

February 13, 2006 5:34 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

Hello GOW, see you next week, excited? moi? Yeah!!!!!!!!!

February 15, 2006 10:37 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home