I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lazy Perfectionist


A few weeks ago my kettle stopped working. Instead of being sad about it I was very pleased because it meant I could now get the red kettle of my dreams. Unfortunately I couldn't source one, so I boiled all my water in a saucepan - which after a few days became tedious but it was worth it because .....

I found my kettle yesterday - a red enamelled beauty that I LOVE.


oOo


I was talking with my friend R this evening (she was telling me more things about me that are weird) and she reminded me that I once described myself to her as a "lazy perfectionist". I had forgotten ever having said that but, yes, I identify with that.


I want to do everything I do perfectly but I really don't want to put the amount of energy in that it would take. So, I will find the easiest route possible to getting as near to perfection as I can.


What are two words you could use to describe an aspect of yourself?
Later: Oh, I have now finished my course.
I gained a MERIT overall, which I was VERY pleased with because I have done nothing like this in a very long time :o}
Shameless tonight - YAY!


~(:o})=


9 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

A merit how very fabulous I am so happy for you, well done we'll celebrate when I come over to your place :-)
I am struggling to find two words to describe myself really I am.. I don't know who I am any more RW :-(
but let's just say "I want it all".... and I'll come back to that..

January 31, 2007 6:34 am

 
Blogger Tanya said...

I don't know who you are either ! it's not RW and I knew I was talking to you GOW, so GOW that above was all for you...

January 31, 2007 6:35 am

 
Blogger Tanya said...

ps and enough of the weird stuff please, you're freaking me out!!

January 31, 2007 6:37 am

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

You are so clever :-) and weird of course :-p

Shameless, oh shit I missed it due to bloody father in law sat in front of bloody sport all night, grrrrrr

January 31, 2007 11:14 am

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Thanks for the congrats Tats :o}
OK no more weird stuff from me - tho' I can't promise that Dons won't pinch my identity again and be weird on my behalf!

Oh, poor you Dons. I'm so lucky having no in-laws to deal with (smug grin)

~(:o})=

January 31, 2007 4:13 pm

 
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

I want to steal that little phrase..lazy perfectionist...it fits me perfectly. I'll try to think of another one though...ooh oxymorons. Love 'em.

And I do so like your kettle.

January 31, 2007 6:03 pm

 
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

yes forgot to say, I covet your kettle. How perfect would it look in my kitchen? ;-)

January 31, 2007 10:05 pm

 
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Sweetie, it would look PERFECT in your kitchen.

I may have to 'break' your standby electric kettle - or put it on the Aga, so all the plastic bits melt - just like your darling father in law did with the last one! hee hee

~(:o})=

January 31, 2007 10:14 pm

 
Blogger lettuce said...

I could probably claim to be a "lapsed perfectionist". I've given up being one as taking far too much time and effort.

Shameless gets more outrageous and wonderful every week, doesn't it?

February 01, 2007 8:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home