I'm a 1661 woman - sixteen from behind, sixty one from the front! I'm of the baby boom generation. Loved the fab sixties - which I experienced in London - I was a flower child - thought love would change the world - brought my children up in the country - back in London for the 2nd summer of love in the eighties - danced all night again - wonderful! Now in Devon looking forward to the adventure of old age - bring it on! hahaha

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A tour around my sitting room.

As I really enjoy looking at the interiors of other bloggers' homes, I am continuing the tour of mine.

I have posted below pictures taken of my sitting room and dining area. I have split the whole thing up into not one, not two but NINE separate posts - I don't know if they will all fit onto one page, you may have to hunt for the lower ones in the archives or something. That's if you haven't died with boredom before then.

I have a lot of 'stuff' in my home. I pay very little for each item, which is usually a boot fair or charity shop find, but I treasure each thing for as long as that item is meant to stay. When the time comes I will let it go, to live with someone else, so that I can make more room for more recent finds.

As you will notice if you read the text, Dons is the BEST person with whom to go treasure hunting. She can see a tiny bit of something poking out of a load of rubbish and she'll just know that that is the very thing which will become a much loved and cherished possession.

~(:o})=

11 Comments:

Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

I've just had a quick squizz at all your photos...will be beack later for a good look - am dashing off to work now...

but oh oh oh that 30's armchair has me drooling - it is EXACTLY what I want. I am green! Lusting!

And your little cream retro radio too.....and and and - fab fab room. And I want a Donna in my life too.

February 05, 2007 6:50 am

 
Blogger lettuce said...

lovely stuff, I do like your home. I esp. like the armchair too.
And the ice bucket.
And the lamps.... and curtains.

and I would soooo love to go charity/bootfair shopping with you and Dons!

(thanks for your comment)

February 05, 2007 4:09 pm

 
Blogger Tanya said...

I've sat in that armchair and on that sofa many a time :-) it's all gorgeous stuff, see you next week :-)

February 07, 2007 6:44 am

 
Blogger Trac said...

Fab fab fab house!!

You have been invited to attend a
Brits/Valentines Party!

Dress code: Don't care!
xx

February 14, 2007 1:26 pm

 
Blogger Trac said...

Oh GOW - Thank You!
I have only just seen my birthday wishes, you are lovely! :O)

I am drinking pink fizzy stuff too, which is making me feel even more soppy about it!

Thank You!
xx

February 14, 2007 6:32 pm

 
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hello GOW! What a lovely lovely home you have....I laughed when I got to that Habitat plate which you say is a little more contemporary? - do you mean 1960? Everything in your house is wonderful. Like Letty, I love the icebucket and the sofa is FANTASTIC!

February 15, 2007 8:09 am

 
Blogger Bobby D. said...

What stylish digs! I love that era but only have a few pieces from it...I guess I'll have to take some pics of my rooms-- must tidy up first, er...must nap first!

December 05, 2007 2:51 am

 
Blogger Vintage to Victorian said...

Super to meet you at Ilminster. It's time you added another blogpost!
Sue x

June 05, 2008 6:34 am

 
Blogger The Vintage Kitten said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 01, 2008 4:55 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great batch of posts!! You have a lovely home...I love the chairs, sofa and the coffee pots!!!...Actually it's all lovely, thank you for sharing xx xx

January 06, 2009 5:45 pm

 
Blogger 50sgal said...

She sounds like a good shopping chum. I like your blog and your photos of your home.

February 01, 2009 11:44 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home